Director of Business Development
Why we're here...
We’re here because, for brand leaders, access to data is easy. But access to answers is hard. Very hard.
Think about this: Over 800 SaaS companies provide media monitoring or social listening. But 60% of end-users say they must access between 3 and 5 separate software tools to get even the most basic answers to questions asked by brand leaders. This problem is compounded by over 42% of executives stating they have less than 24 hours to make key decisions. This is all happening at a time when one negative viral message can cost a brand millions in lost value and reputation.
Too much noisy data. Too many inefficiencies. Not enough time. Too much at stake.
That’s our message. Do you think you can empathize with and evangelize to executives at leading brands who are right in the middle of this critical challenge?
If so, come work with us. Turbine Labs has developed software that offers “answers as a service”. Decision makers ask any question on any topic related to their brand, market, competitors, whatever - and the answer delivered in the right format, to the right people, at the right time. Simple and powerful.
Many of our customers - leading brands and media companies, agencies, and other organizations - are based in New York. We sell primarily to Director level and above.
Turbine Labs is looking for a driven Director of Business Development who feels comfortable and confident prospecting and closing senior levels of Corporate Communications and Marketing departments of leading brands.
We have a mantra at Turbine Labs as it relates to our products and our customers: “Never late. No mistakes.” It’s a very high standard. Every so often, we stumble. And that’s okay. Because we take our failures in stride and use them to continually improve the quality of our products and our customer experience. The best part about our philosophy? Once our customers learn what we’re about, they stick with us, because they know we have their backs. You will be the front line of this philosophy.
As Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for developing adoption and growth strategies within our top 150 identified accounts, as well as cultivating accounts outside of our key account list. We are looking for someone who’s passionate about our platform and our philosophy of service.
We’re always breaking things to make them better. So you’ll will be working closely with our account management, data, product, and marketing teams to deliver feedback they can use to continually improve our products, service experience and processes.
- Show up in a BIG way - every day
- Chase perfection, and catch excellence
- Function as a professional sports team - and set high standards for our teammates
- Break things to make them better
- Strive to be egoless - especially when it comes to our customers
- Value feedback as a gift
- Are proactive, not reactive
- Have integrity without prejudice
- 5-7 years experience selling SaaS software solutions into corporate communications, and marketing departments at the Director or VP level or above
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with B2B SaaS and solution-oriented sales
- Knowledge of HubSpot CRM, LinkedIn Navigator and other prospecting tools
- Self-starter who is motivated to put in 110% in the absence of direct supervision
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Available to work remotely in New York, NY
- Cultivate new opportunities and pipeline
- Maintain and update prospects and opportunity pipeline in CRM
- Meet and exceed new customer as well as monthly recurring revenue (MRR) quota targets
- Build and maintain relationships with key executives and decision makers within existing key accounts
Posted: November 22, 2017